ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Referral Coordinator coordinates all aspects of the referral process to ensure comprehensive patient care including referral activity between the patient, physician, specialty office, and primary care office. Additionally, the Coordinator is responsible for assessing the current process, identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing changes as necessary.
This is a part time position.
- Maintain ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation on referrals to promote team awareness and ensure patient safety. This tracking will use an IT platform.
- Assemble information concerning patient's clinical background and referral needs. Per referral guidelines, provide appropriate clinical information to specialist.
- Establish and maintain relationships with identified service providers.
- Ensure that referrals are addressed in a timely manner.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Graduate
- Strong customer service focus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Teamwork orientation
- Organized and able to manage competing priorities
- Resourcefulness in problem solving
- Able to take and follow through with delegated tasks and accountability
- Proficient Computer skills
- Process oriented
- Able to produce high quality outcomes with minimal supervision